The BRP is currently looking for a volunteer to help prepare some of our data for the archiving of site records, relating mainly to finds and post-excavation.
The role will involve creating digital versions of record sheets and indexes, and ensuring that the maximum amount of information is retained and understood.
The person we’re looking for should:
- Be able to read and interpret varying styles of handwriting (some messy / potentially confusing).
- Be prepared to work with terminology / jargon / abbreviations that may not be familar at first.
- Be good at maintaining a system / routine correctly and consistently.
- Have good observational skills and the ability to pay close attention to fine details.
- Be accurate and efficient.
- Be able to notice and link together relevant information from multiple sources, and draw this to the correct person’s attention.
- Have good general organisational skills.
- Be flexible.
- Be able and willing to ask for help / check with a member of staff when appropriate.
- Be able and willing to work individually.
- Have experience of databasing / spreadsheets / word processeing programmes (Access, Excel, Word).
If you would like to volunteer in this role, please contact Rachael Barnwell on 01668 214 897, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an informal discussion.